Friday, September 20, 2013

Richard Byrd, Photographer, is going online!

Since 1966 -- almost 50 years now -- I have been taking photographs. They have hung in galleries, in my own shops, in many homes around Bisbee and elsewhere. The have been in newspapers, magazines, books and other media.

It has been my great pleasure to share many of these images -- and the stories behind them -- with friends old and new over the years, often one-on-one.
Image from Gary Dillard's iPhone

But now we are in a new era, one of worldwide connectedness, and I must adapt.

Thus, my images are going online. I have selected Fine Art America to display my photos. I will be posting another photo each week, starting with a selection of my work involving rock-and-roll artists. Each photo will include some basic information about the photo, but it will be here, in this blog, that I will tell the complete story of the image. (Or at least as much as I can remember after half a century and a knock in the head.)

I've also set up a Facebook page to allow you to easily keep track of my photos, though I'm told that only about 10% of you will see any given Facebook post. So please bookmark this page and come back frequently to learn more about the photos. Invite your friends to like my Facebook page and to visit this blog and the Fine Art America site.

And, as most of you who know me will understand that I'm not very good at this, feel free to purchase my photos through the site. Because of health and technology issues, it's not easy for me to print new photos these days, but the digital world has improved its quality so much that images coming from the online site are of amazing quality.

They also can offer a variety of sizes, papers (or canvas or metal) and matting/mounting options that are difficult for me.

But most of all, enjoy the images and leave your comments. Or chase me down and talk with me about them. And I'll be happy to sign any image that you purchase.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment